An award seeks to promote new voices in Latin American literature. Its jury highlighted that, “unlike most contemporary fiction, which predominantly privileges urban settings, Selva Almada’s work succeeds in recreating the rarefied atmosphere of life in the province, in dialogue with the great tradition of regionalist narrative”. They also defined her prose as “precise and clear, ready to undergo fantastic explorations”, as her “cohesive and coherent writing is capable of moving nimbly between literary genres, crossing borders”.
- Selva Almada wins the IILA-Letteratura Award for her novel “No es un río”
- Inés Garland wins the Strega Ragazze e Ragazzi Award for her book “Lilo”
- “De la boca de un León” by Inés, included in recommendation list The White Ravens 2023
- “No es un río” by Selva Almada, published by Rizzoli, wins the IILA Award.
- It is with great joy that we welcome Silvia Hopenhayn to the Agency.